Save the Date for the Next Spring on the Green Feature
The second Screen on the Green feature comes to the Maitland Middle School Soccer Field at 1901 Choctaw Trail on Saturday, April 1. Next month’s movie is “Storks.” Please note that the showtime is 8 p.m. now that Daylight Saving Time is underway.
Team Maitland Wins Local Charity Golf Tournament
The Cities of Casselberry and Maitland hosted a “Tale of Two Cities” golf tournament last weekend. First responders from the Maitland Fire Rescue and Police Departments represented Team Maitland. Guess who won the tournament? Team Maitland. The purpose of the tournament was to support two charities: The Boys and Girls Club and Care Cabin.
Mark Your Calendar: April 29 is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
The Maitland Police Department, along with law enforcement agencies across the country, will be participating in the upcoming National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day initiative on April 29. Be sure to keep checking the Maitland Police Department’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/maitlandpd/ and website at http://www.maitlandpd.org/ for additional information. Instructions on how to turn in or properly discard expired or unwanted prescription drugs will be posted on the MPD Facebook page and website.
City Council Recap
The City Council met on Monday, March 13 at 6:30 p.m.
There were two scheduled presentations:
• Presentation - Security Guard Recognition
• Abby Marcil & Zoe Heafner – Class Project: Women in the Workforce, January 2017
The public hearing item was:
• Ordinance – Non Exclusive Construction and Demolition Franchise Agreement – Mid Florida Materials
The consent agenda was approved as presented:
• Minutes the February 27 City Council Meeting
• Receipt of the Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting Minutes of November 17, 2016
• Receipt of the Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting Minutes of December 15, 2016
• Final Change Order/Budget Adjustment for Lift Station #4 Diversion Project
• Sanitary Sewer Improvements FY 2017
Decision items included:
• Appointment - Board of Adjustments and Appeals (1)
• Appointment - Fiscal Advisory Board (2)
• Amendment to Development Agreement for Uptown Maitland East, Lot 2
• Resolution - Landscape Construction and Maintenance Agreement with FDOT
The next City Council is scheduled for Monday, March 27.