Zumba, yoga and cycling are just three of the Roth Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando’s fitness classes you can take to get yourself in shape, all while having a great time.
Located in the heart of Maitland at the corner of Maitland Avenue and Maitland Boulevard – and welcoming of all faiths – the Roth JCC is the home to a wonderful fitness center, group exercise studio and personal training program.
Exercise classes are just $10 each, and completely free when you sign up for a JCC membership. Members of the Silver Sneakers program also can take classes for free.
Here is a sample of the group exercise classes the JCC is currently offering:
• Cycling (Sundays, 9:30 a.m.; Mondays, 8:15 a.m., 9:15 a.m., 5:30 p.m.; Tuesdays, 6:15 a.m.; Wednesdays, 8:15 a.m., 9:15 a.m.; Thursdays, 6:15 a.m.; and Fridays, 9:15 a.m.)
• Zumba/Latin Cardio (Mondays, 8:15 a.m.; Wednesdays, 7 p.m.; Fridays, 9:15 a.m.)
• Hatha Flow/Beginners Yoga (Mondays, 9:15 a.m.; Tuesdays, 7 p.m.)
• Power Yoga (Wednesdays, 8:15 a.m.; Thursdays, 9:15 a.m. and 7 p.m.; Fridays, 12:15 p.m.)
• Boot Camp (Sundays, 8:15 a.m.; Wednesdays, 6:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m.)
• Senior Exercise/Silver Sneakers (Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.)
The full schedule can be found on the JCC web site at orlandojcc.org
Babysitting is available in an area called KidZone on Mondays & Wednesdays (9 a.m.- noon and 6-8 p.m.), Tuesdays & Thursdays (8 a.m.- noon and 6-8 p.m.), Fridays (9 a.m.-noon), and Saturdays & Sundays (8 a.m.- noon). Reservations are recommended to guarantee your child a space.
In addition to the group exercise classes, the JCC also has a beautiful fitness center with cardio and strength equipment, as well as a team of personal trainers ready to help you meet your fitness goals.
If you sign up to become a JCC member, you’ll receive two free hours of personal fitness consultations with one of our personal trainers to help you establish a fitness routine.
If you love pilates, the JCC also offers personal training in a pilates studio, as well mat pilates classes (Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m.; Fridays, 8 a.m.) and a Yogalates class (Tuesdays, 9:15 a.m.).
If you’d like to try out any of the JCC’s fitness programs, you can either come to the JCC for a tour or to participate, or contact Membership Director Katharine Teicher at KatharineT@orlandojcc.org or 407-645-5933, extension 272.
Amy Schwartz is the marketing director of the Roth Jewish Community Center. The JCC welcomes people of all faiths. For more information, visit orlandojcc.org or call 407-645-5933.