So it has been a busy week. Ive spent the last three days in the books studying for my CFP. Which means I haven't had much time to get to the store and diversify my cabinets and refrigerator. I've been sticking to the basics, and the basics have become old fast. If I eat one more piece of watermelon or one more piece of peanut butter toast, I may just give in and find myself some cookies!
In an effort to make sure I didn't do such a thing on Day 3, Sue brought over a list of healthy grab-and-go snacks, and I am going to share them with you!
Healthy Grab-and-Go Snacks
- South Beach High Protein Cereal Bars
- 3 Tbsp each raisins and dry roasted peanuts
- 1 fat free plain yogurt with 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 Clementine and 1 oz roasted almonds
- 1 granola bar and 1 cup coffee with skim milk
- celery sticks with 2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup frozen yogurt with 1/4 c. sliced strawberries and 1 tbs chocolate sauce
- 1 handful grapees, 1 slice of low fat cheese, 1/2 ounce roasted almonds
- 1 creamy sorbet bar
- 1 low-fat chocolate pudding with 1/4 cup thawed raspberries
- 1 whole wheat mini pita with 3 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon almond butter with 1 Granny smith apple
- celery sticks with 2 tablespoons low-fat blue cheese dressing
- carrots with 1/4 cup hummus
- Trail Mix
- 1/2 chocolate low-fat ice cream
- 1 rice cake with 1/2 sliced banana and 1 tablespoon reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 ounce each dark chocolate chunks and pretzel nuggets
- 15 baked tortilla chips with 1/4 cup fresh salsa
- 2 fig newtons cookies and 1 cup skim milk or soy milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 ounce soy nuts
- 1 string cheese and 1/2 cup grapes
Today was a little more difficult to stick to a good diet. But here is what I pulled off:
Meal 1 : A low-fat Sunrise Sunset Smoothie from Tropical Smoothie in Winter Park (One of my favorites)
Meal 2: One slice of whole wheat toast with Peanut Butter and 1/2 cup grapes
Meal 3: 6 oz Turkey and 2 slices American Cheese
Meal 4: 6 Triscuit Crackers with Low-fat Cheese slices
Meal 5: 8 oz chicken and 1/2 cup watermelon
Meal 6: Chocolate Milk is happening soon!
I also fit in a 1 mile run and 1 mile of sprints. I don't recommend sprints in Florida at 2 in the afternoon. It's HOT!
Looking forward to Day 4! I better start seeing some results!! How are you guys doing? It's never to late to start being healthy. Tomorrow you will wish you had started today. Start now!