JULY 11 CITY COMMISSION MEETING TOPICS OF INTEREST
There will be a City Commission meeting on Monday, July 11, at 3:30 p.m., in City Hall Commission Chambers. Below are a few topics of interest:
• Proclamation: “Playdays 2011” promoting healthy lifestyles and participating in the national “Let’s Move” campaign
• Presentation: Employee of the Second Quarter 2011, Howard Hadden
• Board appointments
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
Announcement of a Public Hearing for a Brownfield Designation request for 1240 Miller Ave. and 1111 South Orlando Ave.
• Streamlining the permitting process — 90-day plan
• 2012 budget presentation
• Approve the minutes of June 27.
• Approve a permanent drainage easement between Presbyterian Retirement Communities Inc. and the city (Winter Park Towers).
• Approve early morning concrete pours at the Winter Park Towers construction project located at 1111 S. Lakemont Ave.
• Approve the Pole License Joint Use Agreement with Embarq Florida, Inc., d/b/a/ CenturyLink and authorize the mayor to execute the agreement.
• Approve various change orders, contracts and agreements (for a complete list of purchases and agreements, please access the Commission Agenda Packet at www.cityofwinterpark.org > Government > City Commission > Agenda Packets).
ACTION ITEMS REQUIRING DISCUSSION
Temporary partial hiatus for water and sewer impact fees
• Resolution - State of Florida Department of Transportation Local Agency Program (LAP) Agreement 427966-1-58-01 for the construction of pedestrian improvements along Howell Branch Road.
• Resolution - Establishing an emergency surcharge for taxicabs.
• Resolution - Requesting that the Florida Elections Commission investigate an alleged deliberate violation of the Florida Elections Code in the March 8 Winter Park Commission election.
CITY COMMISSION REPORTS
You can find the Commission’s full agenda and information on specific agenda items by logging on to the city’s official website at www.cityofwinterpark.org and by clicking on Government > City Commission > Packets.
NEW LOGO AND TAGLINE FOR CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT APPROVED BY CRA BOARD
During their regularly scheduled meeting on June 27, the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Board unanimously approved the initial elements of the new brand package for the Central Business District (CBD). Engauge, one of the nation’s largest independent advertising agencies, unveiled the initial elements including brand strategy and proposed logo with tagline to the CRA Board and meeting attendees including local residents, merchants, business owners and key stakeholders.
In an effort to give the CBD a competitive advantage in today’s retail climate, the CRA hired Engauge to develop a marketing plan. These efforts began in 2009 when America’s Research Group conducted a study and found that there was very little cooperative marketing being done by downtown Winter Park businesses. This study led to the development of a Park Avenue Area Strategic Plan that addressed six goals. Engauge was tasked to fulfill the first goal of the strategic plan: Expand brand & increase marketing of the Park Avenue area.
With the approval of the initial elements, Engauge will continue to develop the marketing plan that will communicate this new brand to the community locally, regionally and worldwide.
The brand elements currently remain under the ownership of Engauge and cannot be used for any purpose without written approval from Engauge or the City of Winter Park.
For more information regarding the brand package for the CBD, please call 407-599-3695.
Visit the city’s official website at www.cityofwinterpark.org, find us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.