“Sutra” opening and charity events
- When: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: 120 N. Orange Ave.
- Cost: Free
- Age limit: All ages
- Categories: Art (ongoing), Art (opening)
Orlando resident and photographer Yatin Patel is taking a step to help local community-based organizations raise funds to support their programs and activities through the launch of his first large-scale photography exhibition, “Sutra”, debuting in the historic Arcade Building, 120 N. Orange Ave. downtown Orlando rom 6:30 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 17. For more information, visit YatinPatel.com
Calendar of Charity Events at SUTRA in September:
• 19th : BETA/Women’s Resource Center/Just 1 Book/Fuel My School (6-9pm) –
An evening to benefit education for those in our community in need.
• 20th : Boy Scouts (5:30-8PM) The Boy Scouts provide a program for young people
that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship,
and develops personal fitness. Helping kids be “Prepared. For Life”
• 22nd : Give Kids the World (6-9PM) - A non-profit resort that creates magical
memories for children with life threatening illnesses and their families.
• 23rd : The Kerosene Lamp Foundation (5:30- 8:30PM)- Kerosene Lamp
Foundation was founded by NBA veteran player Adonal Foyle to empower youth
to grow into healthy and well-educated adults.
• 24th : Aids Awareness & Prevention (7-10PM) - AAP is a foundation in Orlando
which collaborates with GAP (in India) to raise awareness and prevention, as well
as create a climate of understanding towards all those who are affected by HIV and
AIDS. More specifically, Yatin’s daughter Aemy Patel volunteers her time in the
summer at GAP camps, helping children born with HIV/AIDS.
• 25th : Recolon Jumpp Foundation (5:30-8PM)- A foundation created for little 2
year old Recolon Jumpp, who soon will be facing a bone marrow transplant in
which his family will be incurring exorbitant medical bills.
• 26th : March of Dimes (6-9pm) - Fields Auto Group hosts, benefitting March of
• 27th : The ANNIKA Foundation (6-9 pm)- The ANNIKA Foundation teaches
children the importance of living a healthy, active lifestyle through fitness and
nutrition, and offers aspiring junior golfers opportunities to pursue their dreams.
• 28th : Robert Hartley Scholarship (6-9 pm)- A scholarship of $50,000 is given to a Rollins College Student each year in the honor of the late Robert Hartley.
• 29th : Florida Hospital for Children (6-9pm)-Mark Moore and Michael Ward
(FHFC Board of Directors) host, benefiting Florida Hospital for Children.
• 30th : University Club Foundation (6-9pm) - Yatin Patel hosts, benefiting the
University Club Foundation which contributes funds to five local institutions: